This is an interesting idea. I would have to put some real thought into it. I think it might depend on the destination.
Dan Aykroyd’s liquor brand Crystal Head Vodka did a poll to find out which drinks we’re more likely to order when we’re on vacation.
At home, we’re more likely to choose easy-to-make drinks, like gin and tonics or vodka cranberries. At parties, we prefer fancy drinks like a martini or old fashioned. And on vacation, we’re more likely to drink daiquiris, tequila sunrises, and Moscow mules.
They also asked people what they’d do for an extra two-week vacation that they could go on immediately. Here’s what people said . . .
1. Would you take a bath in ice-cold water? 45% said yes.
2. Work every weekend for the next year? 43% said yes. (If you’re talking Saturday AND Sunday, that’s around 100 extra days of work for 10 days off.)
3. Not celebrate any holidays for a year? 38% claim they’d do it.
4. Take a 10% pay cut? 37% said yes. If you’re on salary, two weeks’ pay only represents around 4% of what you make in a year.
5. Give up your favorite food? 36% said they’d do it.
30% would also cancel Netflix . . . 27% would give up social media for a year . . . and 17% would post their worst selfie online.