Last Monday . . . just after the Fourth of July . . . the employees at a Taco Bell in Nashville thought it would be a good idea to set off some fireworks INSIDE the restaurant.
It was caught on the surveillance cameras. They locked the place up to keep customers out . . . ran around with fireworks in their hands . . . then went into the men’s bathroom and ignited some kind of firework in a trash can.
Then they came up with the BRILLIANT plan to do the same thing in a trash can in the main dining room, and film it on their phones. They went outside to get a better view . . . but then realized that they’d accidentally locked themselves out.
While they watched the explosions, one of the fireworks ignited a full-on fire in the restaurant. So they called 911, and firefighters came to put out the blaze. It caused more than $30,000 in damage.
25-year-old Courtney Mayes was the shift leader, and she’s been arrested and charged with felony aggravated arson. Police expect to make more arrests in the coming days.